Yeah, it’s that time again. Time for another useless internet meme because I really don’t have anything more interesting to post and I’m in the mood to type something regardless of how puerile it is. I’m going to blame this one on Maggie and Christine, and the plague that is Facebook.
100 Things You Maybe Didn’t Know About Me
1. How old will you be in five years?
– Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care. Carbon dating puts my age at 38 though.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
– Connor, the amazingly brainless wonder dog.
3. How tall are you?
– 6 feet
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
– I believe I have a birthday scheduled in there somewhere. Many drinks will be drunk. Yarrr!
5. What’s the last movie you saw?
– A Good Year
6. Who was the last person you called?
– A guy named Steve to inquire about a job offer.
7. Who was the last person to call you?
– No idea who it was. They were looking for Achmed.
8. What was the last text message you received?
– From Facebook. Apparently someone messaged me.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
– The aforementioned Steve. We played phone tag to no avail.
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
– I could care less either way. Each has their benefits. I’m somewhat phone-phobic.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
– The same thing I do every night… Trying to take over the world.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
– Awhile ago. Is it wrong that that I started thinking up “Your Mom” jokes when I read this?
14. What color are your eyes?
15. What time did you wake up today?
– 7ish. Didn’t get out of bed until 10ish though
16. What are you wearing right now?
– Jeans, Couple of t-shirts and a wee balaclava to keeps me noggin’ warmsies. There might be socks and underwear in the equation as well but I’m not going to ruin the mystery for you.
17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
– That one by that guy that they play at that time. I’m impartial. Gabriel’s Message by Sting has a very decent Gregorian chant vibe going on though so it tends to place highly.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
– Ward Park, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Sitting on a bench by the duck pond feeding the boidies.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
– Right here. Right now. Damn my mental headspace.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
– Uluru, Northern Territory, Australia
21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
– Where I need to be.
22. Do you tan or burn?
– I tan, though sunlight and I aren’t really friends so we don’t talk that much anymore.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
– Nothing. I loved the dark.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
– It’s been awhile since I’ve had a decent laugh.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
– There are two. I hardly watch either.
26. How big is your bed?
– Officially a Double though I’d prefer a Queen.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
– I currently have a broken desktop that I cry over nightly and wish I could get working again.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
– That would depend on whom I’m sleeping with.
29. What color are your sheets?
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
– Generally two, though sometimes none.
31. What is your favorite season?
– Officially Autumn, though I can find the joy in all of them.
32. What do you like about fall?
– The crispness in the air.
33. What do you like about winter?
– The sky on a cloudless day. There is nothing as perfect as that shade of blue.
34. What do you like about the summer?
– The fact that the twilight lasts forever.
35. What do you like about spring?
– The women start wearing less and less and show off more and more.
36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
– Four. Five if you count the state of delusion.
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
– Too many to count. Suffice it to say I’ve been around.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
– It depends on the occasion.
39. Are you a social person?
– Within my social group I suppose that yes I am. The rest of you fuckers I could give a care less about though.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
– A tasty two-cheese omelette.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
– I honestly don’t have one.
42. What is your favorite ice cream?
– Rocky Road or Raspberry Sherbet
43. What is your favorite dessert?
– Cheesecake with fruit (preferrably a berry of some sort)
44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
– It’s a tie. Either my mom’s homemade Leek and Potato soup or a decent Hot and Sour soup.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
– Raspberry all the way!
46. Do you like chinese food?
– I can easily be persuaded to indulge (especially if they have Hot and Sour soup)
47. Do you like coffee?
– I like it and drink it occasionally but it doesn’t rule my life. I tend to get my caffeine elsewhere.
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
– Four or Five I think. I generally don’t keep count.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
– Morning? What the hell is that?
50. On scale of One to Ten how awesome are you?
– Several Million. I transcend all scales of awesomeness.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
– Again, it would depend on whom I’m sleeping with.
52. Do you know how to play poker?
– I know enough to know that I will likely lose all the money I bring to the table, but I play anyway.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
– Depends, have you had your shots?
54. Have you ever been to America?
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
– Addicts never know for sure now do they?
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
– Home when I can. Out if I have no other choice.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
– Nope… wait. I do indeed. *Waves @ Leah*
59. Do you want kids?
– I wouldn’t mind, after all it would be nice to have a conversation with an equal for once :).
60. Do you speak any other languages?
– Bilingual cereal packaging French and I can get into trouble in Gaelic.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
– Yup. Couple of times now. Yay rugby! Yay tobogganing!
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
– Nope but I’ve made ambulance noises while driving. Does that count?
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
– The ocean. I have salt in my blood.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
– Either as long as it’s on the emergency exit row so as I have extra legroom
65. Do you know how to drive stick?
– Indeed I do.
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
– Myself. If you’re looking for specifics I’ll go with books, stationary, computer games/parts and music/movies.
67. Do you wear any jewelry?
– Yup. My watch, a ring and I’ve started wearing my earrings again.
68. What is your favorite TV show?
– Heroes and Doctor Who
69. Can you roll your tongue?
– Yes’m miss daisy, indeed I can.
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
– Me. Fuck Y’all!
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
– A default electronic noise of some sort though I wish I could find a polyphonic one that I liked enough to use.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
– I don’t. I’m sure my mother does in a box somewhere though.
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
– That’d be my boxers. (And if you think this gives away the mystery to question sixteen, I never said I was wearing them).
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
– I try to but I often forget. I’m a bad person.
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
– Probably a bear cause I suspect it’d be over quicker and I’m sure anyone injected with enough bee venom will overdose even if they aren’t allergic.
78. Do you flirt a lot?
– I say no. My friends say yes. I’ll leave it for you to decide.
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
– I don’t. I avoid the blasted things whenever possible.
80. What is your favorite food?
– Digestible stuff mainly. I’m honestly not picky.
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
– I can, but I usually don’t. I’m a lazy sonofabitch.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
– Many in my youth. Nothing recently though.
83. Have you ever run out of gas?
– Nope. I seem to have been farting regularly since shortly after I was born. There seems to be no end to the stuff. Oh, you meant in a car. Nope I usually get to gas station before the car stalls.
84. What is your usual bedtime?
– Before sunrise
85. What was the last book you read?
– I re-read A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin (Dammit George hurry the hell up with Dance with Dragons already!!!!).
86. Do you read the newspaper?
– Not very often. If I do it’s generally just the entertainment section and comics. The rest of the news I get online or over the airwaves.
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
– Nope. Waste of money/time/paper if you ask me.
89. Do you watch soap operas?
– I didn’t know soap put on operas. Do they do a good version of Puccini? (That’d be a No if your sarcasm detector is broken).
90. Do you dance in the car?
– Dance? In a car? I’m a white guy with no rhythm whatsoever. I tend not to dance much at all let alone in a cramped environment while rocketing down the road at breakneck speed. Now singing… that’s another matter entirely!
91. What radio station did you last listen to?
– That static that resides between channels that my clock radio alarm is tuned to. It’s the only thing that’ll get me up in the morning.
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
– There’s a drafting schematic of the R.M.S. Titanic from the Harland and Wolff ship builders on the wall.
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
– Specs and prices for replacement computer parts. (About $900 bucks for a new mobo, chip, power supply, ram and vid card if you’re curious.)
94. What is your favorite candle scent?
– I tend to prefer unscented candles, but as long as it’s not overpowering I prefer lilac.
95. What is your favorite board game?
– Supremacy or Shogun
97. When was the last time you attended church?
– Over fifteen years ago, if not longer. I see no point in the gesture.
98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
– Straight up tie. Either John Allpress or Gil Bunch. Both rocked my impressionable socks.
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
– A week or so. Yay rambling!
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
– No one has done anything particularly special for me in awhile. I lead a pathetic existence and my friends suck ass (Yeah this is a guilt trip you bastards! Deal with it!)
And yes I know that I did this quiz already at some point. I suspect it was eaten in the great website purge of ’07 though and so I feel fully justified in redoing it here. Suck it up princess.