I stumbled on this the other night and thought it was rather appropriate.
For those of you who don’t know any better, here are a couple of definitions to use as a primer for this entry.
Nocturnal – active and feels better at night
Diurnal – active and feels better during the day
Repuscular – active and feels better primarily during twilight, i.e., at dusk and dawn (freaks)
A Guide to Telling if you are Nocturnal
- You feel half alive until close to 7:00 p.m.
- You believe that ‘morning people’ should be lined up and summarily executed
- You know all the places in town to get a burger (decent or otherwise) after 2:00 a.m.
- Music sounds better, and should be played louder, at night
- You’re :
- a musician
- a police officer
- a graveyard shift worker and you LIKE the hours
- The cat gets more sleep at night than you do
- Going to bed a 2:00 am seems too damned early
- Waking up to sunshine and birds singing makes you want to vomit
- Even prescription sleeping pills have little or no effect
- You’re sick of being told that you have a ’sleep disorder’
- Your great tan during the summer months confuses your friends. This amuses you and you continue to visit the tanning salon. After dark.
- Your best work is done at night.
- When you do try to sleep you’re constantly thinking of ideas, getting out of bed, and typing them into Word or writing them down on scraps of paper.
- Your sunglasses cost more than your first car
- It’s not insomnia asshat! It’s my period of waking hours.
- You know every free porn site on the net
Being Nocturnal does have some benefits after all. Such as finding lots of new music and webcomics while searching through all of that porn.