If you’ve been a regular reader of this blog over the past few years I’m sure you’re no stranger to this post. Yup. It’s that time again… no, not that time. Talk like a Pirate Day is September 19th, and yes I know i missed it this year. My computer was dead. Quit harassing me! Arrrrr!, Ye’ll be walkin’ the plank doun ta Davey Jones sooner than ye be thinkin’ if ye keeps that up. Yarrrr!
Errr… umm, where was I? Oh yes. November fifth.
Yup. It’s time for the traditional burning of effigy of the man who was caught red-handed trying to blow up the British houses of parliment back in 1605.
- Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
- The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
- I know of no reason
- Why Gunpowder Treason
- Should ever be forgot.
- Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t’was his intent
- To blow up King and Parliament.
- Three-score barrels of powder below
- To prove old England’s overthrow;
- By God’s providence he was catch’d
- With a dark lantern and burning match.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!